Black Sports Professionals (BSP) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to accelerating the advancement and impact of Black professionals who work in sports. BSP is an industry thought-leader in sports career development and one of the leading voices in the arena of advocacy for an evolved approach to recruitment, search, placement and onboarding of Black professionals within the sports and entertainment industries.
BSP is seeking candidates for the four (4) volunteer roles below within the National Office, with the expectation of five (5) hours per week to commit to the position through December 2024.
Resumes and a short professional summary regarding the role can be sent to email@example.com by Friday, July 7, 2023.
- Reconcile monthly financial accounts, design and enforce financial policies, develop and manage accounting systems ensuring the organization’s financial solvency.
- Responsible for preparation and delivery of consistent reporting at national office and board meetings, including annual audit reporting and tax implications.
- Ensure all income and expenses are accounted for accurately, distribute chapter payments, while maintaining an accurate record of all funds.
- Aim to be helpful to national office team as they discharge their fiduciary duties, working closely with the president, secretary and revenue generating committees and expenditures.
- Establish a finance committee for additional support, including a strategic committee member succession plan.
- Serves as an active conduit for communication by giving proper notice of meetings and timely distribution of materials, including agendas and meeting minutes.
- Be knowledgeable of the organization’s records and related materials and provide advice and resources on relevant topics at issue.
- Aim to be helpful to the board and the national office leadership team as they discharge their fiduciary duties.
- Ensure the organization is acting in accordance with the organization’s bylaws.
National Membership Committee Co-Chair
- Develop and implement strategies to attract new members, including outreach initiatives, marketing campaigns, and promotional activities.
- Collaborate with office leadership and other stakeholders to establish membership goals and objectives to meet member targets and revenue goals, reporting monthly updates.
- Develop and implement strategies to engage corporate sponsors, partners, and potential members to support the organization’s mission and activities.
- Manage new member welcome and onboarding process, in addition to engagement and retention initiatives.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive membership database to track member information and renewal dates.
National Sponsorship Committee Co-Chair
- Develop a business plan for generating annual revenue and prospecting new sponsors, including qualifying and closing new partnerships.
- Identify and source partnership opportunities, aligning internal goals with external businesses and brands.
- Continue to nurture existing BSP relationships and offer new ways to grow current partnerships.
- Work closely with a broad range of team members to successfully execute partnerships campaigns that align with BSP mission and values.
- Manage success metrics and monitor partner campaign performance and ROIs, develop annual recap and renewal plans.